The European Evangelical Alliance is looking for a Community Manager for The Refugee Campaign. The Refugee Campaign was launched in January 2016 with the objective first, to promote appropriate reaction to the asylum and refugee crisis from the churches and Christian individuals by changing perceptions of refugees where needed. Secondly, The Refugee Campaign engages with advocacy initiatives at the European level in order to influence more biblical welcoming policies.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the intern or volunteer will accomplish technical tasks of community management for the Facebook page, Twitter account and Youtube channel, especially:
- Creating visual, posting and planning publication of content across all social media platforms of The Refugee Campaign, according to commonly agreed guidelines.
- Encouraging cross-posting and replication of content by other social media accounts.
- Working toward measurable increase of audience and audience engagement along the time.
- Moderation of discussions, posts and comments.
- Reporting and regular analysis of the social media audience.
This would imply 4 to 5 hours work per week. The candidate is expected to start as soon as possible, until the end of June 2016.
We are preferably looking for a young person, very literate with social media. This voluntary mission could serve as a first professional experience (the EEA could write reference letter if applicable).
The position is quite autonomous, and the volunteer will have the opportunity to gain more autonomy and initiative power in the tasks as the mission goes, to learn how to define a social media strategy, analyse data and write audience reports, in close cooperation with a communications professional.
The volunteer is expected to agree on EEA’s values and faith declaration, as well as on the purposes of The Refugee Campaign.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Coralie Diebold, The Refugee Campaign Project Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org