What is EEA21
Networking youth workers and young leaders in Europe for prayer, encouragement, spiritual growth and training.
So that every young European has the opportunity to respond to the gospel of Jesus Christ, be established in a local church and mobilised for mission.
Our key strategies are to do with networking and partnership, stimulating biblical thinking, leadership development and training, and mobilising young people for evangelism and mission.
- Evangelism - encouraging strategies to help reach every young person in every community
- Local church youth ministry - our focus is the development of effective church-based ministry committed to reach the young people of their community
- Prayerful dependence - unless the Lord builds the house, the labourers labour in vain (Psalm 127v1). We freely and joyfully acknowledge our total dependence on Him and His grace
- Indigenous leadership – we are committed to encouraging and training youth workers and young leaders of vision, integrity and passion to reach the youth of their nation
- Partnership - Building relationships and mobilising youth workers, churches and agencies to greater common effort and to reduced fragmentation. We believe that evangelical Christians are stronger together – that togetherness both glorifies God on earth and helps the world to know that Jesus is sent from the father (John 17v17-21)
- To network youth workers towards strategic partnerships
- To encourage and stimulate biblical thinking about youth ministry and evangelism to youth
- To identify leadership development and training needs of youth workers and work with others to meet them
- To stimulate prayer for the needs of European young people
More About EEA21
EEA21, www.eea21.eu, is a community of those committed to reaching young Europeans for Christ. We seek to connect you with others who share your passion and gifting, both generally for European youth and very specifically in your particular area of passion or gifting. We seek to connect you not just virtually but really. To get you together when we can, to help you share ideas, work together and support one. We want to inspire you through regularly updated podcasts, give you access to the best resources and opportunities, and give you a chance to share your ideas, successes and failures.
EEA21 is an initiative of the European Evangelical Alliance launched at Mission-net in April 2009. It is a sister network to the mission-net movement linked below and is co-ordinated by the Youth Advisers to the EEA. We are Colin Piper, a Brit with around 25 years experience of youth ministry, Melissa Piper, an Aussie who co-leads International Christian Youthworks with her husband Colin, and Jussi Miettinen, a Finn who heads up OPKO the IFES movement in Finland. Our job is simply to serve and help you in any way we can. The website is administrated by Si Tuck, another Brit, whose greatest claim to fame is that he presently lives in a 1000 year old house formerly owned by the King of England.
We love nothing better than connecting with those who have a love for Jesus and a desire to see this generation of young Europeans love Him too, so do feel free to contact us.
You can join our community for free, simply by signing up on line, and we look forward to seeing what God can do through us together for His glory.
Colin, Melissa, Jussi, Simon