- This event has passed.
Insights into Global Generosity
July 18, 2016 @ 12:00 - July 20, 2016 @ 12:00
Generosity is at the heart of God’s character, and we can only be generous in response to blessing that we have already received. This conference will provide a unique opportunity to engage with a wide range of perspectives and insights into what it means to reflect God’s generosity from around the globe. As well as traditional speaker input, sessions will also include the opportunity for shared conversation and bible study – this conference aims to be a shared journey of exploring God’s generosity and our response with a wide and diverse range of fellow travellers. The conference will include the UK launch of a European Community of Generosity as well as time for fellowship, networking and inspiring worship. Speakers and Sessions include: The UK Launch of a European Community of Generosity: an informal network of individuals and Christian organisations across Europe who commit to being generous stewards. Members will be encouraged to influence and nurture stewardship, generosity and giving as a core value of the European Church. The intention is to enable connection, networking and collaboration with other generosity champions and to share and distribute resources, stories and information on events and initiatives. This is much wider than the current refugee crisis, but this provides a clear demonstration of the conflict between fear and generosity in our continent. We will be joined by Dr Sas Conradie, an ordained minister in the Dutch Reformed Church in South Africa, and Co-ordinator of the Global Generosity Network.
- Gunnar Johnson serves as the Pastor of Financial Stewardship at Gateway Church, one of the most generous US churches and as Director of Generosity of King’s University in Southlake, Texas. He is the author of Generous Life Journey.
- Redina Koleneci will speak on generosity, stewardship and giving in Europe. She has trained hundreds of church leaders and fundraisers in Christian organisation in the UK, Europe, Australia & the USA.
- Rev. Dr. V. J. Samkutty is NT lecturer and Acting Principal of Allnations College. Sam will speak on Generosity and Mission with reference to Acts, and also reflect on cultural differences in giving between India and the UK.
- Fr Herbert Fabriquela (Philippines)
- Susan Pinkney on the CAF World Giving Index.
- Peterson Karanja (CEO of a microfinance program of the Anglican Diocese of Thika in Kenya). He holds an MA degree (Theology & Development) from Leeds University.
- A European group from Mission-Net will help us explore how we encourage 16-30 year olds to discover generosity.
- Bible reflection – combining speaker input, and time around tables reflecting on key passages together. … with other contributors in the pipeline. … plus fellowship & networking and inspiring worship.