Contact Person: Hannelore Illgen
The European initiative “Women in Leadership” started in 1993 with international and interdenominational conferences – under the umbrella of “Hope for Europe”. This umbrella was created by the European Evangelical Alliance (EEA), the Lausanne Movement and another international evangelistic initiative, to shape the future of a united Europe – after the fall of the Berlin Wall and the Iron Curtain.
A team of women from different European nations, rooted in the Evangelical Alliance, the Lausanne Movement or denominational networks, is planning and performing every second year.
“Women in Leadership” conferences
– to inspire, encourage and equip women for their personal life and in leadership
– to model, how God uses women in his Kingdom in a variety of ways
– to challenge women, to share the transforming Gospel with women in their country through united national initiatives.
“Women in Leadership 2021” Network-Conference 2021 planned!
When? Wednesday May 26, 2021 to Saturday May 29, 2021
Where? Oradea/West-Romania (close to the Hungarian border)
“Windows of Opportunity” will be the theme, because we will be inviting women leaders from all across Europe to give us a glimpse into their world and teach us from their experience. Pastors, church planters, evangelists, authors, humanitarians, and more will offer TedTalk© style presentations and workshops on a variety of relevant topics.
Roundtable discussions will be woven between the sessions so that you have time to process the presentations while networking with fellow leaders. As always, we will offer refreshing times of worship and Bible study as well!
The conference will conclude with an outreach event on Saturday for the women of Oradea, featuring German evangelist Elke Werner (ProChrist 2017).
Depending on how the pandemic situation unfolds, we may also offer a combination of live and digital participation.
The EEA “Hope for Europe – Women in Leadership” Network-Team with
Hannelore Illgen (Germany), Network-Chair
Evodia Budai (Romania)
Romkje Fountain (The Netherlands)
Amanda Jackson (UK)
Ksenija Sabo (Serbia)
Elke Werner (Germany)
Jennifer Williamson (France)
“Women in Leadership” Conference 2019
The last “Women in Leadership” conference was hold in Schladming, Austria, November 21 to 24, 2019.
155 ladies from 27 countries were part of it! Some even came from far places like Costa Rica, Moscow, Cairo and Istanbul! And a good number of Austrian ladies followed the invitation for this special gathering, which takes place each second year in another European country.
This year the leadership of the Austrian “Arbeitsforum Prisca”, a working group for women within the Austrian Evangelical Alliance, organized the “Hope for Europe – Women in Leadership” Network-Conference, chaired by Hannelore Illgen (Germany) and her team of seven ladies from six different nations. 17 Prisca ladies under the leadership of Monika Faes were welcoming and serving the delegates warmly in the fabulous conference-place, the Schütterhof-Hotel.
A special on the final morning was the presentation of 18 remarkable ladies from 18 nations, who were – or still are – heroes of faith during their lifetime. Short reports on video from a national women about these particular ladies can be found on the Women in Leadership-website.
FOTO: Presentation of the nations with their flags at the beginning of the open meeting on Saturday in Schladming.
* “Women in Leadership” is partnering with the Global Consultation for Christian Women in International Leadership”, “Rise in Strength“, and recommends the outcomes, like the “Call to All Christians” in ten languages and a survey, in which around 500 women shared views from their own leadership experience about issues which concern them most. More Information: www.riseinstrength.net
* We recommend the study “Women and the Church”, done by the Irish Christian VOX Magazine and the “Young Women’s Christian Association”, which can be downloaded here