Contact Person: Hannelore Illgen
The European initiative “Women in Leadership” started in 1993 with international and interdenominational conferences – under the umbrella of “Hope for Europe”. This umbrella was created by the European Evangelical Alliance (EEA), the Lausanne Movement and another international evangelistic initiative, to shape the future of a united Europe – after the fall of the Berlin Wall and the Iron Curtain.
A team of women from different European nations, rooted in the Evangelical Alliance, the Lausanne Movement or denominational networks, is planning and performing every second year
“Women in Leadership” conferences
– to inspire, encourage and equip women for their personal life and in leadership
– to model, how God uses women in his Kingdom in a variety of ways
– to challenge women, to share the transforming Gospel with women in their country through united national initiatives.
The next “Women in Leadership” conference is taking place in Schladming, Austria, November 21 to 24, 2019.
“Prisca”, the working group within the Austrian Evangelical Alliance for women in leadership, is hosting this conference.
* “Women in Leadership” is partnering with the Global Consultation for Christian Women in International Leadership”, “Rise in Strength“, and recommends the outcomes, like the “Call to All Christians” and a survey, in which around 500 women shared views from their own leadership experience about issues which concern them most. More Information: www.global-christian-women-in-leadership.eu
* We recommend the study “Women and the Church”, done by the Irish Christian VOX Magazine and the “Young Women’s Christian Association”, which can be downloaded here