‘He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding’
Legislative elections will be held in Austria on 15 October 2017 Austria is a battleground in the fight between mainstream European politicians and far-right populists.
Months of disagreements between the governing parties led to the resignation of People’s Party leader Reinhold Mitterlehner and led to snap election.
Issues being debated include immigration, integration, crime and security, tax cuts, job creation/reducing unemployment, pensions and care of the elderly.
- for our political leaders to live in integrity in all aspects of their leadership. To speak truth, to act honestly.
- for wisdom and discernment among the believers in Austria.
- to get actively involved in the election through participating through their rights to vote.
- for a spirit of prayer regarding the upcoming crucial election in our land.
- for believers to continue to learn, live, and love in a way that is pleasing to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and to stand in unity as one church in Him.
- for the believers to be witnesses to all areas, in everyday life to families, friends, neighbours, co-workers…