Thank you to all the General Assembly attendees who participated so enthusiastically in the response sessions as we reflected together on how Christians are ministering to a continent in crisis and what role Evangelical Alliances can play in being a dance floor and facilitating the wonderful work of their members. Here are just a few of the dreams and next steps people wrote down.
- 1000s of churches will open their hearts to the poor, partnering with ministries who can help them. Next step = sharing positive examples.
- Let’s convert empty / under- utilised Christian buildings into refugee welcome centres. Next step = create a working group to facilitate cooperation between organisations.
- We will have political impact in our nation & region on human trafficking issues. Next step = create a national platform to bring together partners.
- Churches will move out of their buildings and draw alongside the needy in their community, humbly serving them, not acting as if they were superior in any way. Next step = train master trainers who can facilitate churches to serve.
- We will have a safe house and reintegration ministry for those who have been trafficked. Next step = educate and train pastors.
- Churches won’t just offer “stuff” to the needy and hurting but will welcome them into their community. Next step = offer more resources to churches so that they understand their calling to share the Gospel in community.